Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Eyes Have It

I went and picked up my contact lenses this morning. They were supposed to be in last Friday and they said they would call, but they never did. Always one to give people an extra day or so, I waited until this morning then I called. Sure enough, they'd been sitting there waiting for me since last Friday and they forgot to call me.

This is a momentous occasion because it is the first time in about 2 1/2 years that I've been able to see properly. And let me tell you, that being blind is for the birds! Getting unblind was even WORSE of an ordeal, and now it's starting to look like seeing again is also going to be a trial. It's been about a year since I got taken off my hard lenses, and today just wearing these things for an hour has made my eyes soooo tired. I can feel them everytime I blink. It's annoying. I keep hoping I will just forget they are in there and get on with the show.

Speaking of Shows, I know there is a God because He allowed Wayne Newton to get voted off "Dancing With the Stars" last night! Heck for all I know, He ENCOURAGED it. Because Wayne just wasn't cut out for the dancing. I like it when they get rid of the dead weight right away so that the real dancing can begin. And for that I could just sing "Danke Shon!"

I told Jeff last night that what I chiefly needed was a butt rub. I told him my butt was so sore, and I think it is from sitting and sitting and sitting and sitting. That really tires those butt muscles out, being used all day long like that without a break. Sadly, he says he doesn't know me well enough to rub my butt. I countered with "I don't know you well enough to let you hog the remote!"

It's a week away from my birthday and he is required to break up with me right before the actual date. He has done that 3 years in a row, I think it's to get out of getting me a present. We shall see...

1 comment:

Carole Burant said...

Well I'm sure glad you can see properly again!! I've no doubt it won't take long before your eyes are used to the contacts...I remember when my oldest son got his, he said at first it felt like he had something huge in his eyes. Yup, a butt rub does a body good at times! hehe xox