Monday, July 10, 2006

Ugh, the Heat!


My Dad used to say, "T'aint the Heat, T'is the Humility!" I don't know what that means but it became clearer to me last night when I woke up at 3:30 with my sinuses cleaved to the roof of my mouth from the fan blowing on me all night long. I got out of bed and dragged myself over to a glass of cold water. Then I turned the Fan off. Then I woke at 4:30 sticky with sweat and with the beginnings of a migraine.

Since I have plans to go see Pirates this morning, I was feeling my humility, I assure you. I popped some migraine meds, sponged off, turned on the Air (I hate sleeping with air conditioning on but it was sooo hot there seemed no alternative) and tried vainly to get comfortable enough to get unconscious for a while.

Last night, I made more cards, determined to use up most of my small neat scraps. Does anybody want one of these? Send me an email with your snail mail address, I'm not kidding!

And they aren't even blurry in real life, Honest!

No comments: