Sunday, July 16, 2006

Stay Out of The Carpal Tunnel

I'd love to crow about my darling idea to take those pillowcases and use them as protective slipcovers for my Parson's Dining Chairs, but I fear that all that busy hand-crocheting industriousness has left me stranded on Carpal Tunnel Road. It's got CLEAR WARNING SIGNS but I always ignore them. I've been down Carpal Tunnel Road before. It's bendy bendy and then suddenly, there you are, deep inside the Carpal Tunnel with no daylight in sight and lots of pain.
Of course Cupital Tunnel is a heck of a lot more awful, dead bodies strewn everywhere including my own but as long as you don't navigate with your elbows leaning on anything, you can steer clear of Cupital Tunnel pretty well.

I love my Parson's chairs so much and I have a bad habit of running my hand across the fabric on my way past the chairs from the kitchen to the living room and vice versa; a habit I"m trying to break because I don't want grubby upholstery! So these should amuse me for a while! Especially since I won't be doing any other handwork anytime soon!

3 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Hi there:-) I hope you don't mind my dropping in and checking your blog? I saw your comment on one of the blogs I visit and curiosity got the best of me! lol I've read some of your posts and thorougly enjoyed them!! What an original idea to make slipcovers for your chairs out of pillowcases!! They are simply beautiful! Not so good about the Carpal Tunnel though...I know many people who have had to have the surgery for that. Take care and you can be sure I'll drop by again:-)

Miss Pink Ponsonby said...

Mind! Why should I mind? I am so thrilled to have visitors who post I hardly know how to contain my glee! Thank you SO much for reading and posting. It can be very lonely blogging away by oneself!!!

weirdbunny said...

Love your chair covers!