Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Around and About!

Well, home again, home again jiggedy jig! This little piggie has gotten up TWO DAYS in a row and taken a brisk walk around the neighborhood. And to what do I owe this sudden and uncharacteristic surge of energy? Well! My friend Beechley sent me her spare Pedometer! You know, one of those step-counter things that you clip to your waist and it measures how many strides you take in a day. In order to be healthy and not dead, a person should get in about 10,000 steps a day.
The first day I wore it, I got up to almost 200 steps! That's Right! A real mover and shaker, here! To be fair, I spent that day at the computer playing catch-up so it was lower than normal. But normal for me is going to be around 2000 steps a day. Who has time to walk 10,000 strides each day?
I've taken the stairs 3 time each way for the laundry. I've walked to the corner mailbox twice. I've traipsed through the apartment at full tilt closing windows, opening air conditioners, doing dishes and making the bed. AND!!! I walked the early morning neighborhood in a brisk manner, stopping only to pet my favorite Giant Poodle Dog that is also 'walked' about the same time of day. It is now 8:46 in the am and I have logged an impressive 2452 strides. Maybe I'll even break 5000 today. Nahh! Just kidding! I don't want to sabatoge myself by being too enthusiastic. Exercise and I, gentle readers, do NOT get along.

Here is a picture, slightly blurry but you should be used to that by now, of the cards I made with the Tehachapi Chicks.


And here is dear old Mackie, in motion. What a regal fellow!

5 comments:

weirdbunny said...

I think it's impossible to do 10,000 steps a day. You'd have time for nothing else other that endless walking!!!

Miss Pink Ponsonby said...

Ha ha! I totally Agree!I need to sit on the SOFA sometimes and just veg! That's just the way I'm wired!

hannah said...

I came to your blog because your first interest listed was sloth!!!!! I like that as both an interest and a quality in people. I walk miles and miles most days mostly up and down the ill to school, and round shops as I love shopping, but i have a pedometer tip, if you tap your side as you walk (the one with the pedometer on) you can make it 'count' twice as fast!! good if you are trying to impress someone lol. cool blog anyhow, I will pop by again

Carole Burant said...

Hey, I walk 10,000 steps a day....oh wait, that was in one of my nightmares I had!! lol Gosh, I'd hate to use a pedometer...I'd embarass myself at how few steps I do take a day! Geesh!! Love the cards you made, they're beautiful! Your cat is gorgeous too:-)

Miss Pink Ponsonby said...

Ha ha! Yes, Sloth is one of my virtues although some would say a deadly sin! Ha ha! I notice that I STOMP really hard when walking now that I have the pedometer because I'm terrified that if it doesn't register every little step, I'll have WASTED the effort of all this extra walking. Thanks, everyone, for posting comments I love and Love them! And I can't always reply at each blog? I don't know why that is but sometimes blogger won't let me comment.