Sunday, July 23, 2006

Playing Cards with the Girls!

I got invited to attend a stampers monthly card club meeting while I was in Tehachapi, CA this week. It was so unexpected and so VERY much fun! These girls meet on a monthly basis and do a regular 'make and take' swap. That means you bring your card idea and the supplies for everyone to make one just like it. Depending on how many women are there, you can end up with half a dozen totally new and original card ideas to take home with you!

This month's theme was Birthday Cards and I really had fun making these. I certainly have use for birthday cards! Can't have enough of those on hand! They also have awesome and delicious SNACKS to sustain them during the long night of stamping, embossing and glittering.
I just loved the fact that I was in town for mere moments before I stumbled upon this neat stamper and scrapper store and the next thing I knew, I had an invitation and firm plans for the next evening's stamp club!
Tehachapi, by the way, is a very unique little town. It doesn't have that bedraggled feeling of most small towns, and all the stores seem to be run and managed by women. This means the stores are tidy, interesting, feminine, and chock full of the kinds of things you love to gaze at when shopping. Of course I didn't go to the auto parts store or the hardware store, maybe that is where the men hang out.
I did love this little town, but don't think I want to live there. I don't think I am ready for SO much 'small town' atmosphere. I still think I need big city anonymity and that sense of privacy you get when you live in a hustle bustle city.
As always, it's good to be home..although I arrived in the midst of a mystery. I found copious amounts of cat hair on my upper steps, and a cat collar with the address of a cat in my building on the tag. No Mackie in sight! AND, once inside, there was a notation in handwriting I don't recognize on my dry erase board, with the phone number of the landlord and a locksmith! How woo-woo weird is that? Does this mean the landlord was here for some reason? If that's the case, why would he need to write down his own number? And why a locksmith? If he got inside the apartment to write the note, he already HAD the key!?
Neither one of my cat care people wrote the note. I'll have to wait until Monday to call the office and ask about it, but in the meantime, Mackie is safe and sound and not a hair out of place. I can only imagine he beat the tar out of the neighbor cat for daring to come up the stairs.

3 comments:

Puss-in-Boots said...

It's a bit worrying finding messages on your board in strange handwriting. What a mystery, hope you find out what's up. Glad Mackie is OK and that you had a lovely time. Welcome back! :-)

weirdbunny said...

How weird is that!!

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»