Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tomato-ade

I'm kind of in tomato hell right now, but when life gives you tomatoes...make Tomato-ade! That's Right! I looked in my fridge and found it empty. I looked in the cupboard and it was bare, except for 3 cans of diced peeled tomatoes. So I was off to the food bank to restock the shelves, the poverty shelves of woe!

And I came home with one giant can of tomatoes, one regular can of tomato sauce, and a HUGE tub of diced, peeled tomatoes, hermetically sealed, probably used in restaurant buffets for sandwich making.

Since there is no way in heck that I can possibly have use for that many tomatoes, I decided it was time to make some spagetti sauce.


I'll let you know how it turns out.

The other thing I got was a half gallon of milk, a half gallon of buttermilk, and one of those industrial sized tubs of plain yogurt. When life gives you entirely too many lactose-containing substances and you are lactose intolerant...make cheese!




No comments: