Monday, September 03, 2007

Silly Strident Sibilant Sounds, Shredded

In honor of Labor Day, I thought I would post a picture of me actually doing some!

I was making the stepping stone patio where I used to live. I had so much fun making those wonderful tile-insets. I don't have a picture of the totally complete projected but here it is halfway through.

This weekend in Sacramento is a big one. You've got the State Fair, the Gold Rush Days, the Sutter Fort History Days and the Greek Festival. You've also got the Gay Pride Rainbow Gathering in the streets of midtown, right near the convention center where the Greek Festival is held. For my friends who were visiting from out of town, this was a bit confusing. All these pairs of men dressed in matching outfits, holding hands and waiving rainbow flags made my friend Coral feel troubled. She just couldn't understand what any of that had to do with Greek Food.

Just because we were all lazy we opted to order delivery from my favorite abusive dining experience "NO CLAY POT FOR YOU CHINESE EATERY". When I called to place our order, I was told, "NO DELIVERY TODAY! DINE IN ONLY!!!" So we packed ourselves into the car and drove to the actual restaurant for dinner.

One of the items we ordered was Sizzling Shredded Steak, seasonal. As we sat there in our silliness, it became 'Salty Seasoned Savory Sizzling Shredded Steak, seasonal'. It took us forever to say it properly and finally the daughter of the family, Elsinue, said it smoothly without a slip.

I turned to her and asked, "Sweet and Sour Soup?"

"SURE!" she replied.

3 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Happy Labour Day my friend:-) Look at you in that picture, working so hard...hey I love your dark hair in that pic, it really suited you! I'm still laughing at the Gay Parade/Greek Festival being held at the same time and same area...I can see why your friends would be a bit confused! hehe xox

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You really look happy "working" Okay!! labor day and working..that is what we did here. We painted our downstairs BIG room. Glad it is all done and over with now!! Good that you threw in some fun too.

Anonymous said...

silly me!
-EQ