Sunday, September 16, 2007

Boys and Girls are Different!

I haven't posted in a few days because I've had a house guest, and I had forgotten just how much time is involved in picking up after someone! I LIKE living alone! Just this morning, AFTER having done the breakfast dishes, I found 4 drinking glasses in 4 different locations because my guest is a bit of a messy ditherer. There was a glass by her bedside, by the computer, on the windowsill and over by the phone. All I can think is that she gets thirsty, has a sip of water, sets the glass down and forgets it exists, instantly. Then, a bit later gets thirsty again and gets a glass of water. Rinse and Repeat.

When she first arrived a few days ago we went to Target for some sundry items and saw these cute hot pink undies that were too expensive to purchase. Later, when she was out visiting elsewhere, I ran to the WalMart and saw the Exact Panties for 2 bucks each on sale, so I just HAD to pick up a pair and I got a pair for her also. Because they were too cute to pass up at that price!

Yesterday, while hanging with my hoodlum friend in prison, I told him how I'd found these bargain prices on the same exact undies and had to get both Pearl and myself a pair.

There was a stunned silence. "You bought Pearl some cute undies?" he asked incredulously.

"Yes," I was puzzled, "What's wrong with that?"

He said, "It's just that I cannot imagine any situation EVER in which any one of my guy friends would be out shopping and think, "I've just GOT to buy my buddy one of these jock straps."

No comments: