Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Werewolves of London (Again)

If the only thing that can kill a werewolf is a silver bullet...how did they die before guns were invented? Maybe they didn't. Maybe there were thousands of them.
***
Why does Rachel Ray talk baby talk to her food or address it like it's a person? She's always saying, "these bad boys are good to go!" The other day she said, "You little critters can go right into the veggie car wash!" as she was running some artichokes under the faucet. I HATE Rachel Ray.
***
You can have a happy life, or a life of meaning, but not both. Happiness means being able to delude yourself that there will never be a tomorrow and yesterday doesn't matter. You have to live in the moment to be totally happy. A life of meaning, on the other hand, is a life of endless questioning, learning, stretching, and is more about endurance and bewilderment than happiness. Which would you rather have?
***

2 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You can have a happy life, or a life of meaning, but not both.
Hm...I am having a small problem with that. I have been sitting here trying to understand...WHY NOT!! I feel like I have had a very happy life and it has had a WHOLE lot of meaning...I have been married for many many years to a wonderful man and have raised 3 great adults...they have given me 7 grand children!! I am happy and my life is completely full of meaning!! Hmm..See I cannot understand that sentence!! It is your blog and your opinion...just not understanding that sentence. Hope your day is going great!!!
((smile))..Sandy

Miss Pink Ponsonby said...

I should have said a life of understanding. However, if you have a life of meaning and understand what it's about, then that should make you happy, correct? But some people are just happy because they never question or doubt or scrutinize their lives. Therefore, they do not live a life fraught with trying to find the meaning of it all. Hope that clears up what I said!