Sunday, May 20, 2007

I'd Like to Buy the World a Random Coke!

Probably most of you are familiar with the Nigerian 419 Scams. You'd have to be, if you've been around the internet for any time at all. Those Poor Nigerians! So much money in their Ministry of Finance, and always trying to give it away to people in America!

To find out more about Nigerian 419 Scams and to read lots and lots of funny tales of plain folks like you and me who decided to 'scam the scammers' go and check out http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html . She has been a delightful source of fun for me!

Yesterday, along with phone calls from people I had no desire to talk to (old neigbhors from 7 years ago, some female in Kansas that I knew once for 5 minutes but who still has my number in her phone book and calls when she gets bored), I got the most wonderful winning offer from the Coca-Cola Company! I was so excited! I just have to share it with everyone. You have to put up with the bad spelling, odd phrasing, and repetitive/bad cut and paste job on this thing. These people are nothing if not sloppy! Enjoy:

Dear winner,We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded season final draws held on the (2nd May, 2007) by United Kingdom Coca-Cola Company Worldwide Promotion, your email was among the7 Lucky winners who won £1,000,000.00 each on the THE COCA\'COLA COMPANY PROMOTION.

However the results were released on the 19th May, 2007 and your
email was attached to SERIAL NUMBER (7PWYZ2006), REF. NUMBER :#952368 and BATCH NUMBER (BT:12052006/20) The online draws was conducted by a random selection of email addresses from an exclusive list of 29,031 E-mail addresses of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the internet.

However, no tickets were sold but all email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for representation and privacy. The selection process was carried out through randomselection in our computerized email selection machine (TOPAZ) from a database of over 1,000,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world.

In other to claim your A �£1,000,000.00 prize winning, you are to contact the Promotion manager of THE COCA COLA COMPANY who will direct you on the process of your claims.

Name: Agent Bertron Hill(Mr)

Yours Sincerely, Management


What I want to know is, was I from the exclusive list of 29,031 along with
all the corporate bodies or was I drawn from all the continents of the
world in the 1,000,000 wide database? And where do I get me one of them thar TOPAZ advanced automated random selection computer machines?

No comments: