Thursday, August 10, 2006

What's it going to be?

Yesterday, along with laundry and the duties of a prolific correspondent, I had to go to Walmart for Vacuum Cleaner Bags. Now, I don't exactly live next door to a Walmart, it takes some freeway driving and serious heavy-traffic maneuvering to get there. I try to time my visits to avoid lunch time rush hour and any other rush hours on the 5. And I usually like to wait until I have a whole list of items before I drive out there. But yesterday, I needed those vacuum cleaner bags! I bought that vacuum about 6 months ago and when I bought it, they were out of the bags that fit, so I've been using the one it came with all this time. The other day, when the vacuum died suddenly and I went into a deep emotional decline (not really!) I was quickly cheered up by the realization that the bag was so full it had shut down the warp-core Barillium Sphere before there was a rift in the space-time continuum. It's a nifty fail-safe device to keep the vacuum motor from over-heating but it didn't do a thing for my blood pressure.
Anyway! Walmart was YET AGAIN out of the "RR" vacuum cleaner bag although they seemed to have a double plethora of the "S" and "U" styles. Because I didn't see any reason to go all that way and come home empty handed, I swung by the fabric aisle and found this nifty little mod looking floral daisy print.
What's it going to be? You'll have to wait and see!
In the meantime, I found my bags at Target and made it home in time for tea.

3 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Isn't it maddening when they don't have the vaccuum cleaner bags you need? Always seems to happen to me!! They have tons of all the others but not the ones I need...grrrrr! Oh, what lovely fabric...hmmmm now I can't wait to see what you'll be making with it!! Start sewing NOW!! hehe

Puss-in-Boots said...

Oh, I can relate to the no vacuum cleaner bag syndrome (although it's usually because I forget to buy them. I think it's psychological!).

Pretty fabric, I hope you are going to show us the finished article?!

That's the thing with cats. Play with me NOW! or forget out it...

Take care

Pear tree cottage! said...

I have just bought myself a vacuum without the need for bags I am singing every day now!! :o)

the material is beautiful and yes I will have to come back and see what it ends up as.

I have written a post on the humble treadle machine do you have one?
anyway I will see what lovely items you make with the materials.

best wishes to you