Friday, August 11, 2006

Do Crafters Dream of Electric Outlets?

Living in a small apartment, as I do, I am always lacking in enough electrical outlets. The few thatI have are covered by heavy furniture! And I have extension cords running every which way and still not enough plug-ins for my needs! Yesterday I made my little project and decided to set the sewing machine up in the guest room where the ironing board would be, to save myself time and energy, and the results was a steam bath in there! That back bedroom gets NO air circulation so I truly felt like I was in a sewing sweatshop of yore!

The results still turned out utterly charming if I do say so myself! My friend and neighbor Eliza stopped by just in time to act as dress mannequin!

Time for new batteries in the camera, I see. These are starting to look murky.

VIOLA!
Next project: Cute jewel-tone cat fabric. My friend want's a kitty apron and I'm on a hunt for the desirable fabric for the project!

3 comments:

Puss-in-Boots said...

Love the finished result of the new fabric!

I know what you mean by not enough power outlets, especially when vacuuming and having to pull something out to plug in the vac as you move from room to room. Really annoying.

Shelley said...

What a lovely apron! I love the colors. Mom used to wear one all the time. I think I need to start, myself as I'm forever dropping or splashing something on me while I'm in the kitchen. Your apartment looks so cozy. Have a nice Sunday. I enjoyed visiting.

Carole Burant said...

What a beautiful apron...I'd almost be afraid to wear it in case I got it dirty while cooking! lol You certainly are very talented...my mom used to sew all my clothes when I was growing up and she makes beautiful crafts too! I much prefer to be baking:-)