Thursday, May 11, 2006

Them Red Sneaks Gotta Go!

Taking a break for a whole day from posting so that I might actually glean some LIFE in order to write about it later didn't really turn out as planned.

I did however manage to: buy water at the co-op, still sitting in the trunk of my car because it's too heavy to lift once it's full; go through an entire years worth of utility bills and put them into some kind of order; run to the local Rite Aid and make copies of odds and ends of paperwork I needed copied; drop by my Landlords Office/Hotel to get a signature I needed; (which means driving around the block and around the block and around the block, because it's all one-way streets with blocked alleys and NO PARKING ANYWHERE); pop into the K Street Plaza Mall to pick up my new glasses at Lenscrafters; AND spend 30 minutes on the treadmill down at the 24 Hour Fitness since I was already parked in the mall parking and could just stroll over from there.

Wow! After that, it was just slug-like lolling for the rest of the day.

When I was a young girl, a friend of mine from the Mohawk/Iroquois Indian Reservation in Canada met her husband to be when she walked up to him and said in her nasally Upper New York Twang: "Them Red Sneaks Gotta Go!"

I felt the same way about my slip-on walking shoes which for some inexplicable reason I purchased in the jarring and rather demeaning color of NEON RED!

Which I fixed pronto by spray-painting them pink.

No comments: