Thursday, May 25, 2006

Consider Yourself 'Shooed'

Today I was puttering along in the car trying to figure out what direction I was pointing on Ethan Way. I stopped at the light and realized that I needed to be in a different lane. I looked to see who was behind me and I could tell I could get over really easy so I wasn't concerned.

The moment the light turned green, though, someone in a hot rod pulled up behind me and started laying on the horn for me to get out of their way. I looked in my rear view mirror and it was this teensy little 80-something Granny with her head barely peeping out over the steering wheel. And she was SHOOING me with her hands! Shoo! Shoo! Get Out of My Way!" I could see her ranting at me.

I shooed her right back and using sign language told her to settle her hash. I also got out of her way pronto because I could tell she meant business. So maybe there is hope for me yet, that I should live so long and still be shooing people in 30 years from now.

No comments: