Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Food was Not Blurry

Had a nice weekend, and can't remember a thing about it! I have proof, though, that I had a weekend, and that I had company, and I had a fun dinner prepared for us all. Blurry proof. But proof.


Do other people do this, by the way? Take pictures of their food? WE always do that in my family, the Frosting Family. No event would be complete without pictures of the table heaped with food. Anyway, that's homemade mac and cheese, cucumber, onion and black olive marinade, and some roast beast, and Trader Joe's Focacia bread with Lemon Butter Spread. Also, Apple Salad and Green Salad. Rather a healthy meal, wouldn't you say?

I believe my family is home from the Mushroom Hunting Trip, with Aunt Sandrine bedridden after finding out that she didn't just have some kind of gall bladder attack, rather she has some kind of lump obstructing her pancreatic duct. Cousin Deet called and said, "Well, you'll have to be the one to tell Cousin TiVo Jane. You can tell her she doesn't need to fret so much about her Mom getting her gall bladder removed, because she didn't have to, after all. You can just say, 'She has a tumor, instead.' " That ought to comfort her.

I want you all to know that Lazyiness does have it's pay-offs. I decided yesterday morning that I should just put off going to Walmart for laundry detergent until some other day. My reason was that I just didn't feel like going. So I turned the car around and came home, instead. Then I turned on the news and saw that there was a police shoot-out and armed robbers and a stolen vehicle and a car chase and all kinds of High Crime in the Walmart parking lot, JUST EXACTLY AT THE TIME I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.

Moral of this story: Crime Does Not Pay, but Lazy Procrastination Could Save Your Life, someday.

No comments: