Monday, June 19, 2006

New Levels

I know you've all been hanging out on the internet waiting to hear what my new levels are.

Well, not too bad and not too good, I guess. Higher than what they outta be but lower than what I expected after a week of unbridled Indiana-style eating.

Cholesterol: 211
Tryglycerides: 201

And my good old Doctor wrote me out a prescription to put on the fridge. It reads: lose 6-12 lbs in 6 weeks. That's 1-2 lbs. a week. CHICKEN FISH VEGGIES and Cheerios. He told me he personally hates oatmeal so he won't prescribe it for me.

He also prescribed something for my HEART and more exercise. I don't know what is worse. Doctor mandated dating or forced aerobics. He said I will be healthier and less depressed if I had a guy in my life. I thought that was what MACKIE is for, but apparently it's not quite enough.

So I'm back on the diet, because he said if I lost the weight but did not lose the extra numbers in my levels, that he would PERSONALLY get me free meds. Now, you can't beat that, can you? I guess it is because he knows I really can lower my levels with diet and exercise and love if I'd just give it the old College Try.

No comments: