Thursday, January 08, 2009

Great Inventions

Last night I dreamed I was in the audience of the Oprah show, and she was featuring all the new 'green' cars and the latest inventions. One of the cars ran on a type of bi-diesel fuel that was eco-friendly and came with a lifetime supply of this fuel for a mere $125,000. That's just for the fuel. I don't know what the car cost!

For some reason I thought this was a grand idea and acquired the car. The neatest part of this invention was that it came with a sweater that could store all this fuel for you. Yes, a sweater. It had little pockets in the shoulder area that stored the fuel. It was a cute sweater, too.

The only problem was, when you filled up the sweater it looked like GIANT SHOULDER PADS and weighed as much as a gallon weighs, 2 gallons worth hanging off your shoulders.

In the dream I remember thinking only a man would invent such a silly thing and not take fashion and practicality into consideration while doing so.

Needless to say that sweater hung in the back of the closet for the rest of the dream.

In the New year I like to redecorate. Of course I never have the money to completely gut the place and fill it with bio-diesel fuel, so I have to just make do with what I can find at thrift stores.
Yesterday I scored a real find! A whole bunch of very neat pillows that were marked at $1.49 each! so I snagged 3 of them and came home and made new slip-covers for the ones I already had. Now I have a very eco-friendly sofa that looks cool too! And doesn't weigh anything more than it did to begin with!

Notice I made a matching ottoman cover while I was at it.






Earlier this week I made some 'art cards'. Here is a sample. I thought it was screamingly funny because I have no memory whatsoever but, well, at least I can still walk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like.
I can walk, too.
:-)

Queen Q