Monday, August 24, 2009

Picnic Impromptu

It's hard to think of picnics this morning because it's so cold outside and yet it was just a couple days ago when I was in the summer-lovin' feeling and had an impromptu picnic in the park.



It started with me eyeballing that fun bag I made a while ago, out of some Mary Engelbreit fabric I had leftover from this apron:

I had carried it a time or two as a purse, but it just didn't feel right.

So I decided to give it a new reincarnation as a picnic bag...without having to kill it first, of course, and do the whole rebirth-as-a-dog thing. Maybe I should just say I recategorized it? That's the word!

So I stuffed some things in the bag; cute napkins and a small table cloth that would fit. Made a sandwich, grabbed an apple and a water and I was ready to go!

Complete with Scabbers the Rat sneaking by in the background.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ewww...tell me it's not really a rat!

I love bags....especially your bags. Why are they always so very cute???

beyondpanic said...

Wait a minute...was that really a rat?

Miss Pink Ponsonby said...

Honestly it was a tree rat! A squirrel, that is, with the wimpiest tail I've ever seen...he probably had mange come to think of it...

C'est l'abeille said...

I think "repurposed" is currently in vogue as an appropriate term for this.

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

That's my sister! (Not the rat)