Although it didn't exactly turn out that way.
For one thing, the auto-pilot mechanism in my brain over rode the 'leave door unlocked' command and thus with one turn of the key I locked my guests out in the cold and sleet! They had to trek mile after mile across the frozen tundra to another friends' house in order to keep from freezing to death on my doorstep until I got home!
Broth simmering not boiling
Perfect Spetzels. I mean, really really perfect!
Ah! Fine Tri-tip steaks ready for the roasting pan!
And here is where the story turns ugly! Because my Banana's Foster absolutely refused to flame! Not so much as a spark! Not even a small contained slow burn! Nothing! Nothing short of dowsing them in gasoline would have worked, and yet we tried and tried. The results were sugared bananas in burnt caramel tasting like a bottle of rot-gut Russian Vodka.
I was so traumatized I refused to allow the event to be photographed!
In my mind this post was going to end with a BANG! A lovely shot of my happy, full guests seated at my dining table grinning from ear to ear in sheer gustatorial bliss!
But instead, I will end with this shot so that I can issue a disclaimer!
I did it all while severely injured!
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Bon Apetit!