Sunday, March 12, 2006

Boring and Blurry

Well, I'm pretty blurry today! These are the best shots I got out of a dozen. It's the New Table Centerpiece, which is still-life proof that St. Patrick's Day is Boring for the Decor. Fortunately, I only have to leave this up a week before going to something springlike and pre-Easterish. At least I have a shamrock tablecloth. That's more than most weirdo's can claim!


Here's Mackie. I'm having a challenge finding the right spot for his blue nap donut. This seemed to work for a small nap, as he could keep an eye on me, feel like he was close, and yet not be ON TOP of me while I'm trying to work at the computer.

On Friday, the Old Goat came in from getting his mail and announced that I owed him $2.50 per day for garage parking privileges. I told him it was a good thing his garage was full of his cars then, because I wouldn't be able to afford to pay it. He thought that the little red car in the garage was mine, but actually it is his Grandson's who parked it there while on vacation.

This guy is determined to make sure he gets his money's worth out of me and that I am not cheating him in some way. Since no matter how much I vent and snark about it here, I take my job seriously and bring a whole lotta integrity, compassion and loyalty to the table, I find this utterly disgusting. As I was preparing to leave yesterday, he even asked me if I had stolen a book and put it into my purse. Sooner or later I'll have to ask to be replaced, AGAIN. Because I'm not up to being downed every day.

No comments: