Monday, January 11, 2010

Finished!

First, I felt like my bedroom was dingy and dull and boring. So a quick swap-out of quilts and here's the before and after:





Much warmer for this long winter, I think.



And I finally finished up my Christmas quilt. It definitely looks like I hurried. I had all kinds of trouble with it and I'm just glad it's done.  I took it to work to show my 98 year old today and she liked it very much...however, she said, "All these chimneys and not a Santa in sight!"


And I had to agree. So as soon as I find some appropriate Santa Fabric I will be appliqueing one or two on a rooftop here and there.




I also happen to think the back looks as good as the front! Fun, anyway!  Happy January, folks, from we here at the "Still celebrating Christmas" Cafe!

*Oh, and PS: Anonymous in the Brown Coat: Of course I knew who it was right away! Are you still dog-sledding in Alaska? Drop me an email sometime and tell me how you found my blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That red really pops! I think you are right about it looking warmer for winter. Hope you're still having a Happy Christmas.
Sal's Girl