I’ve always been smitten with the shape and size of canvas water buckets. I always intended to get one and carry it as a purse.
A few years ago I made one out of striped pillow ticking and really enjoyed the way it turned out. I carried it until it got some kind of indelible stain on it and I’ve always wanted to make another one.
It’s been raining for two days solid and it just seemed like the perfect time to start a purse project.
Mackie obviously thought so, too.
Of course I want pockets and more pockets in anything I sew and intend for practical use. This is a key pocket. Strictly for keys. No digging around in the bottom of the feed bag for my keys!
I used some old floral upholstery fabric and then this found-object tablecloth from the thrift store to give it a little pop!
Here is the finished project right next to the old one. (stain not shown.) Of course like all things imagined, the reality is absolutely NOTHING like the original canvas water bucket! Amazing how that turns out!