Friday, March 16, 2012

Feelin' Blue

Yes I'm feeling blue. Aqua/Cadet blue as a matter of fact. I've been long ago wishing I could decorate my new bathroom in something besides taupe. I love taupe. But I wanted some color. This blue plate and the one on the toilet were 75 cents at Target!


Target had a six pack of washcloths for 3.00 so I had to get them for my rolled vase display. That's a wee bag of lavender sachet tucked in there.

I love that certain blue. I don't have a name for it. It's not quite aqua as it is more grey and deeply hued than turquoise/aqua.



It is often paired with dark brown and I just do not hanker after dark brown as a color choice for my home. It reminds me of the 70's when everyone had dark, dark brown carpet. I always picture it full of sand and white paper scraps, deeply in need of a good vacuuming. But this rug is more medium brown and it, too, was on sale for mere pennies. Who needs food and gas in the tank when there are such rugs to be bought?


Fortunately with my eye for color and my thrill of the hunt, I was able--at relatively little expense--to refurbish my bathroom in the most beautiful of blues.



The one splurge was this shower curtain, on sale at Target. I had looked and looked for months but never found the one that I really wanted. I must have a cotton shower curtain. A plastic liner is fine but I do not want a silky or plastic shower curtain. I must have fabric all around me, now. It absorbs both moisture and sound.


In case I want to air dry in my bathroom while singing at the top of my lungs of course.


It was just a matter of grabbing all the blue bottles I could find and putting them on a plate to give that impression that I've lived with this blue color for all eternity and it's just ME. Absolutely ME.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heart it!!!!!

:-)
Queen Q

Anonymous said...

Sometimes that is ALL you need, just something 'me', 'all me'... And that's ALL I need.

Homesteading in MS said...

Love the colors in your bathroom. The blue and brown are beautiful together. :) No mean comments this time around. LOL