Friday, September 10, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever

Everyone asked what I'd done over the Labor day weekend and I had to say I didn't do much: no funds for such amusements as the local R&B festival or Pioneer Days down in Old Sac.

In fact all I had funds for gasoline for my car. And it's a happy thing that I did go out and do just that because standing across from me at the pumps was a kindly gentleman who just finished his morning selling strawberries at the farmer's market...

Which he just GAVE me out of the back of his truck!

And when life gives you strawberries, you make jam!

All cleaned up and ready to go.


Bile them strawberries down, gals, bile them strawberries down!


Testing with an ice cube for consistancy. I never let it cook long enough, though! I always end up with runny jam.


Three jars at a time in my handy dandy too-small pot!


Never too early to get started on home-made Christmas presents.


However, I seriously doubt if anyone is going to want my pickled cauliflower. Guess I'll just have to keep it for myself.

And afterwards: Grilled Tuna in ginger sauce and a freshly-shaved parmeson cheese Caesar salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my....YUM.
I was thinking the other day it was time for a visit as I was having Miss Pink withdrawals.....now I KNOW it is time for a visit!!!
:-)

Queen Q