Sunday, June 06, 2010

Farmers Market Sunday Stroll





Ahhh, it's summer! And that means time for the Sunday Market!


Sacramento has some of the loveliest farmers markets; there is one almost every day of the week.
The Sunday market is the largest and has unique things like organic chicken, seafood vendors, goat cheese farmers and a couple of lavender farmers.

I love to get up super early before the crowds hit, and wander through the stalls as the vendors finish their set-up. Well, maybe not THAT early. I think they  must get there at 5:00 am!


I bought some new bok choy, fresh dill, fresh cilantro, and something called 'apriums'. Which is a blend of an apricot and a plum.


Ahhh, the bounties of nature! I'm so happy.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for taking me along on your stroll. I enjoyed it very much.

Anonymous said...

lovely pics....
:-)
Queen Q