Monday, October 12, 2009

Food Failure 101


I'm a failure at food, I've finally admitted it out loud! I have high hopes but the outcome is a dismal failure more often than not.

What with all the excitement of fall in the air and the apple season in full swing, I just wanted to make an apple cobbler...I've made many of them from this recipe, they always turn out different but very delicious. But this time the dough portion did not rise and I just had apple lumps in a dish.


 
This was supposed to be delicious, delightful hand-made Maple Buns, just like they have at the apple festival every year back home.

But the chocolate was too runny and the maple fondant was too stiff and the whole thing tasted like soured cream cheese because maybe the cream cheese was a little off...

I just admit these things so you know that even the happiest of Julie Child Wannabees has her BAD days...

Bon Apetit! Just don't eat anything I've prepared!!!!

2 comments:

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

At least the pictures you take of the food make the food LOOK absolutely scrumptious. And that's what counts. :)

Cherie said...

I've given you the Kreativ Blogger award. You can collect it here: http://renaissancegardenblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/kreativ-blogger-award.html
Keep up the great blogging!