Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Things I'm Loving Right Now

The air is really bad right now in Sacramento, due to all the wildfires. So bad that it always looks like sundown on a foggy day. Looking at it through the windshield of my car as I drive to work, I am always reminded of the dust in the air at the fairgrounds, when the whole world smells like diesel from the carnie rides and livestock odors and John Deere Tractors all shiny and new in their green paint.

The fibromyalgia is in full force right now and it leaves me wondering: How much tiredness can a person sustain? How much muscle pain and how much brain fog? Before it all just melts into a puddle of goo and I'm nothing more than a gob of rot on the floor with a forlorn pair of reading glasses on a chain sticking out of the top of it?

So I have to find things I love. I have to find things I like to look at and think about. Things that brighten all and everything for as long as they need to look brighter to take me to the next moment and the next, unglobbed..

Things like this bow tie quilt in the loveliest teals and sky blues.
Things like snow white linen napkins (of which, like champagne, I've never had enough!)
Things like "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle.
Things like a Robin's Egg blue Sadler teapot and matching creamer right next to a Bauer pot in the same shade of heaven.
And my homemade crepes.
What are you loving right now?

No comments: