Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Versatile Little Plant

It's been a while since I've blogged, Dear Readers, but it's just been work, work, work and nothing of note to report.

At last, however, I have a mildy amusing incident to share!

I was standing in the checkout lane at Target when a young man chomping wildly from a large bag of potato chips approached me. He hung out behind me for quite some time, yet he wasn't really in line himself. He just seemed to be on his snack break and drifted in from somewhere.

Abruptly addressing the back of my head he asked me, "Do you know where there is a Staples or an Office Max?"

I told him where the nearest ones were and he quickly asked, "Will they have money orders?"

I told him I really didn't think so; they didn't seem like the money order kind of stores to me.

He then asked, "What about the natural food co-op?"

"What about it?" I asked.

"Do they have money orders, do you think?"

Still in recovery from the rapid shift from office supplies to natural herbs and veggies, I was slow to give him a full answer..."I've never seen..."

"Well, they are probably made out of Hemp if they do have them." he said.

1 comment:

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

I missed you!
I think my blog is made out of hemp.